A prosperous and sustainable globe consists of people who have the possibility to plan their futures, have access to training of skill needed to realise their visions and ambition to create sustainable lives for themselves and their communities. We believe that for that vision to become reality, we need more skilled people, more job opportunities and as part of that more entrepreneurs. That is why at SkillSafari we work to develop new and innovative solutions in skills development, co-created with our global partners to solve local challenges.
Launched in 2017, SkillSafari has worked in Finland, Europe and across the African continent mostly in programmes driving innovation, entrepreneurship and building new approaches to skills validation of the formal and informal sectors.
The SkillSafari badging solution
In our badging approach we give indivifuals and opportunity to get their existing skills valited. The skills that our validation process focuses on are relevant or needed by employers and the society.
In the badging process individual skills are presented as digital micro certiciates with skills demonstration criteria. These micro certificates are issued to who have demonstrate their competence by offering evidence of their skills against the skills demonstration criteria set by us. Our micro certiciates are based on internationally recognised skills frameworks, locally conducted studies, employer & stakeholder interviews and high level research.
To institutions our Solution offers:
- a way to measure and validate work-relevant skills of employees or professionals of a certain field
- an opportunity to recognise skills of individuals to better understand the skills present in specific industries
- a solution of digital self-directed learning for people interested in advancing their careers
- a trusted, digital and scalable approach to skills recognition
To individuals our solution offers:
- a way to get validation for skills they have acquired in the informal and nonformal domains
- an understanding of potentials learning pathways they can intake based on their existing skills and personal interests
- micro certificates that can support employement
- access to training offering on topics they need to enhance their skills